Pages

Friday, November 23, 2012

Sojourn in Panama


Where was I?
I should mention about the car I rented, a small KIA from one of the internationally known vendors at the David airport. It proved to be inadequate to the demands of the Pan American Highway. Most of the road is well paved and maintained, but there are a few bone crunching potholes and bumpy stretches.

A friend put me in touch with Victor from Value Motors right in the city of David and a couple of days later I was able to rent a NISSAN X-Trail for a very reasonable price, with an option to buy. The vehicle was actually on his lot in Boquete and he arranged for it to be driven to David right away. 

(BTW for those who do not speak Spanish, the name of the city is pronounced Daveed)

Victor is originally from the north of England, so communicating in English was no problem. The Nissan is much more comfortable.

Anyway, I have gotten ahead of myself! I arrived at my rental house on Sunday afternoon. I have stayed in this house on the beach before. It’s a modern, three bedroom home with all “mod cons”. Owner Ken was on hand to greet me and help me settle in.
It's the house on this end. Do you wonder why I come here?

Later I drove the 2km to the Las Lajas Beach Resort to renew acquaintances with many of the friendly staff and take advantage of their great cuisine. You can always count on a good meal , despite the fact it is a small hotel. This is where I stayed the first time I came to Panama.

No comments: